Sacramento, CA…If you are one of the millions of Cyber Monday holiday shoppers online today looking for that perfect holiday gift, don’t forget to visit www.redcross.org/gifts to give a gift that means something to those in need during the upcoming holiday season.
The American Red Cross 2013 Holiday Campaign is in full swing and shoppers can go through the online Red Cross gift catalog and purchase a variety of symbolic gifts in the name of the people on their gift list.
The holiday gift catalog includes items such as:
- Hot meals, a warm blanket or a full day of shelter for a victim of disaster
- A comfort kit for an injured service member containing things such as a robe, shower shoes, toiletries and a music gift card
- First aid and CPR online courses to help caregivers learn what to do when a medical emergency occurs
- Infant care supplies for babies caught up in a disaster, items such as formula, diapers and more
- Vaccinations to help people, especially children, around the world avoid contracting what can be a deadly disease
The purchase of each gift item is a tax-deductible contribution that supports the mission of the Red Cross. The catalog gifts are contributions toward a Red Cross program area, not a donation to a specific project or item. Those who participate will receive free gifts such as a Red Cross Water Bottle for a donation of $100 or more, or a Family First Aid Kit for a donation of $200 or more.
Other ways you can give something that means something include:
- Make a financial donation to the Red Cross
- Schedule an appointment to give blood
- Send cards to members of the Armed Forces through the Red Cross Holiday Mail for Heroes program
- Give the gift of their time by becoming a Red Cross volunteer
The Red Cross is there when people need help – assisting someone during a disaster, sending emergency communications to members of the Armed Forces, providing blood to a hospital patient, training people in life-saving skills, or helping people in need around the world. Support the American Red Cross 2013 Holiday Campaign and remember all those who look to the Red Cross for help – give something that means something.
About the American Red Cross:
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation’s blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit redcross.org or visit us on Twitter at@RedCross.
# # #