South Lake Tahoe, CA…The County of El Dorado, Office of Procurement and Contracts, is formally soliciting Proposals (RFP) from qualified professional consultants to prepare a comprehensive Parks, Trails, and Recreation Master Plan for the eastern slope of El Dorado County, also known as the community of South Lake Tahoe, California.
The County of El Dorado and the City of South Lake Tahoe desire to jointly develop a comprehensive Parks, Trails and Recreation Master Plan for the eastern slope of El Dorado County, also known as the community of South Lake Tahoe, California. The Master Plan is expected to provide long term vision and clear, logical and precise guidelines for future investments for the next ten years for the planning, implementation, and management of park, trail and recreation resources provided by both public and private organizations. To date, there has been no single, collaborative effort to bring all public and private recreation providers together to develop a comprehensive Master Plan for South Lake Tahoe and attendant areas.
Further, there is no single, comprehensive source of information for the public as to public and private recreation opportunities. There is also no single plan representing the various interests and opportunities within El Dorado County and the City of South Lake Tahoe to provide guidance as to the best and agreed upon course of action for investing in parks, trails, and recreation that benefits both residents and visitors.
The overall vision for the Master Plan is to offer access to a diverse selection of recreation opportunities providing multiple benefits including, but not limited to the following:
• Health and wellness for residents of all ages and abilities;
• Centers for community gathering and events;
• Enhanced sense of place and local identity;
• Protection for El Dorado County’s unique natural and cultural resources in South Lake Tahoe;
• High quality of life for residents within the Master Plan area and its sphere of influence areas;
• Improved public and private partnerships resulting from leveraging resources to provide cohesive recreation programs for south shore visitors and residents;
• Economic development associated with recreation-based tourism.
The RFP is available on El Dorado County website at http://edcapps.edcgov.us/contracts/invite.asp
Requests for Proposal (RFP) number 13-918-033 are due by December 14, 2012.