Oregon State Police (OSP) and the Malheur County Sheriffs Office urge travelers’ driving to and from this weekend’s game at Boise State University to plan ahead and allow extra time. The Boise State University (BSU) Broncos and Nevada Wolfpack football game in Boise is scheduled for Saturday, October 1st, at 12:30pm (MTN).
Sergeant Jason Reese said OSP and Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) anticipate an increase in traffic on Highway 95 in southern Malheur County with many Nevada fans traveling this weekend.
“We will be patrolling southern Malheur County on Highway 95 for the anticipated increase of vehicles traveling to and from Boise through Oregon for the game. We want to make sure everyone gets there safely. No trick plays on our part, just expect high visibility traffic enforcement targeting speeding violations, intoxicated drivers, and seat belt usage,” said Reese.
OSP, Malheur County Sheriff’s Office, and ODOT urge drivers to follow these safety reminders:
* Know before you go: Stay up to date on highway travel conditions by visiting www.tripcheck.com
* Be patient and allow plenty of time to reach your destination
* Avoid distractions and pay attention at all times when driving
* Keep a sober, well-rested driver behind the wheel at all times
* Always use safety restraints and child safety seats correctly