Saturday April 30, 2011 Prescription Drug Disposal opportunities will be available to El Dorado County residents a 5 locations throughout the county. All expired or unused prescription drugs may be dropped off for safe disposal anonymously and free of charge at the times and locations noted below:
* The Main Sheriff’s Office, 300 Fair Lane, Placerville: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
* Sheriff’s Sub Station, 4354 Towne Center Drive, El Dorado Hills: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
* The Holiday Market 5030, Ellinghouse Drive, Cool: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
* Placerville Police Station, 730 Main Street, Placerville: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
* Safeway Parking Lot, 1020 Johnson Blvd, South Lake Tahoe: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
* Place all liquid containing bottle in ziplock baggies and black out patient names.
* Medical Sharps and household hazardous wastes will not be accepted.