Diamond Peak Ski Team coaches selected their March Skier of the Month based on their dedication, sportsmanship and attitude.
* J3 Head Coach Eric Garayoa selected Hannah Johnson, 14, as the J3 Skier of the Month. Garayoa said, “My favorite thing about Hannah is that when she ‘flips the switch’ in the start coral you know that she has a great shot at winning that run. She breathes competition and is extremely dedicated to her development with six days a week of training.”
* Bode Glavish, 11, was chosen as the J4 Skier of the Month for his marked improvement.
“Bode has come such a long way,” said head DPST coach Josée Lacasse. “This month he is by far the most improved skier. He is working hard and his performances prove it. He is maturing into a strong skier. He is a great kid to work with.”
* Lacasse and her coaching staff also selected J5 Emily White, 10. “Emily has been one of our most consistent athletes,” Lacasse said. “She has had great performances all year long, and solid training as well. Emily is always smiling and finds the right amount of play versus work. She is well respected by her peers as well as all her coaches.”
* For the Tahoe League selection, head coach Petra Plajbes and her coaching staff chose Jade Erickson, 11, as the March Skier of the Month. “Jade is an incredible athlete,” Plajbes said. “She rejoined the team late in the season, but has already posted some great results, taking fifth place in a Big G race at Northstar two weekends ago in a very challenging course, and even more challenging weather conditions. Jade has great talent matched with an impressive work ethic and desire to improve.”
* Adventure Team coach Mark Bernstein selected Anna Cole, 13, as his Skier of the Month, citing her improvement and work ethic. “Anna has been one of the most improved skiers of the group,” Bernstein said. “She understands the tasks and drills, and attempts and accomplishes them all. She has a great attitude and has a level of maturity beyond her years. She has been a pleasure having in the group this year.”
* Jack Laurie, 6, who participates on the Talent Squad Team, was selected by Talent Squad head coach Becki Boehnke for his dedication. “Jack never missed a day of Talent Squad this season and he always showed up with a positive attitude,” Boehnke said. “He also was the overall winner of the 2011 Cupcake Cup held March 19.”
Way to go athletes!