IVGID is proposing a sewer and water rate increase, with an average increase of 7.7%, as well as changes and amendments to its Sewer and Water Ordinances (IVGID Ordinance 2 and 4, respectively), including:
• Adjust user class definitions to align them with Washoe County definitions for user and dwelling unit in Water and Sewer Ordinance.
• Add new definition for Multiple Service connections to align with current business practices in Water Ordinance.
• In Water and Sewer Ordinance revise the leak relief policy to provide excessive
water use relief to customers when the leak occurs in the buried water service line or crawl space plumbing and only once every five years. Leak relief will not be allowed for leaks on irrigation systems, household plumbing, and other similar plumbing issues which are under the control of the owner.
• Clarify how prior collected connection fees are credited when upsizing the customer’s meter size in Water and Sewer Ordinance.
• In Water Ordinance clarify that the property owner owns and is responsible for all component of the private fire system on their property.
• Exhibit A – New schedule of Water and Sewer Service Charges.
• Exhibit B – New schedule of Water and Sewer Connection Charges.
• Exhibit C – New Miscellaneous Fee Schedule including backflow testing increasing $3 to $60 per device, plan check and inspection fees increasing $5 to $85 per hour and service calls charged at $40 per half hour.
Copies of the proposed ordinances are available at 893 Southwood Blvd. and 1220 Sweetwater Rd. and here on our website. The public hearing will be held Wednesday, April 13, 2011 not earlier than 3:00 pm and as soon thereafter as practicable IVGID Boardroom (893 Southwood Blvd., Incline Village, NV)
If you have any comments about the proposed changes to the Sewer or Water Ordinance, please contact us. You may:
Write Us a Letter: 893 Southwood Boulevard, Incline Village, Nevada 89451
Attn: Utility Ordinance Amendments
Give Us a Call (775) 832-1100
Send Us a Fax (775) 832-1331
Click here for the document..