The El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office is now accepting applications for Reserve Deputy Sheriff. Reserve deputies are volunteers used to supplement patrol operations and special events within El Dorado County. Serving as a Reserve Deputy Sheriff is a rewarding experience and is an excellent way to serve the community. Applicants must be 21 years of age, possess a valid California State driver’s license, have a high school diploma or GED, and have a clean criminal background. Reserve Deputy Sheriff applicants must meet California P.O.S.T. training requirements; pass a psychological evaluation, polygraph examination, background investigation, and medical evaluation.
Sheriff D’Agostini said ”reviving this program has been a priority since I was sworn in as Sheriff, and this is one more step in improving our connection to the communities we serve.”
As a Reserve Deputy Sheriff, You Will Be Expected To:
• Interact with the community in a positive manner to cooperatively reach resolution of community needs and to foster positive, effective, and lasting relationships between the community and sheriff’s office.
• Give advice on laws and ordinances and general information to the public.
• Exercise powers of arrest and control; defend self, other officers, and use force up to deadly force if required.
• Arrest, search, transport, and confine offenders.
• Maintain good physical condition, agility, and coordination to allow performance of the essential tasks of a deputy sheriff.
• Achieve, demonstrate, and maintain minimum department standards of proficiency and performance in accordance with policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the sheriff’s office.
• Respond to all calls for service; secure crime scenes; assist in investigations; gather evidence; obtain statements.
For an informational flyer, requirements and to apply online go to: http://edcapps.edcgov.us/sigma/JobListings.aspx
County of El Dorado