Manzanita Writers Press has published 10 publications, organized countless readings and workshops in the region, held writing contests, and promoted the literary arts throughout the region. It is a nonprofit organization that publishes works by regional writers and those with a connection to the Mother Lode. It also prints Manzanita: Poetry and Prose of the Mother Lode and Sierra, a series of literary publications.Manzanita Writers Press is an affiliate of the Calaveras County Arts Council in San Andreas, California.
Manzanita Writers Press is a nonprofit press formulated to do the following:
- Facilitate the Writers Unlimited critique group as an affiliate of the Calaveras County Arts Council. Organize readings and workshops. Network with writing communities across the state.
- Publish local, regional, and other area writers, whether in launching a career, or nurturing a more experienced writer.
- Assist selected project writers in procuring funding, editing and promotional services, and other needs of the publishing process.
- Train Volunteer Editors and staff members.
- Staff needs at present: Grant writers, fiscal editor, as well as advertising and sponsorship staff members. Stipends may be paid for services as funds are made available. Please contact us.
Additional Contact Information:
Writers Unlimited, an affiliate of Calaveras County Arts Council
PO Box 632, San Andreas, CA 95249
Writers Unlimited c/o CCAC Arts Council
PO Box 250, San Andreas, CA 95249
Executive Directors: Penny and Mary Jane
CCAC web site: firstname.lastname@example.org
Manzanita Editor, Monika Rose: email@example.com