10. Move to a new house. People often decide that the new year is the perfect time to relocate. If this is your resolution, start off the year by talking to a real estate agent to get your plan in action.
9. Take a trip. We all have places that we’d love to visit for a vacation or holiday. The new year is the perfect time to talk to a travel agent or book plans to finally take that trip you’ve always wanted to take.
8. Start a hobby. Whether it’s learning a craft or getting involved with a sport, there’s no better time to take up a new hobby than the start of the new year. Take action by calling a local expert or resources about your hobby and find out how to get started.
7. Give up bad habits. People often decide to quit smoking or drinking with the start of a new year. Plan ahead and find a way to get started on the right foot with your plans to give up that bad habit.
6. Getting organized. The new year is the best time to go through the closets or attic to clear out space and come up with a new organizational system to stay on track this year.
5. Pursue higher education. Lots of people never started or finished their higher education. You can start off the year right by calling a local college to find out how to register for new courses.
4. Pay off debt. Nearly everyone is carrying around more debt than necessary. Start the new year with a plan to aggressively pay down any consumer credit debts to be in better shape financially.
3. Find a mate. People are always looking for love. Make the new year your year to find that special someone. Spend more time being sociable and put yourself in situations where you might meet someone that you are compatible with.
2. Change jobs. We spend the majority of our time at work. People that aren’t satisfied with their jobs often take the opportunity to look for a new career when the new year starts. Check out some online classified ads to find the job of your dream this year.
1. Getting into shape. The number one resolution, year after year, is to get into better physical condition. Take time to get on a healthy diet and add some exercise to your weekly routine to make this the year you finally take action and get into better shape.
There you have it, the top ten list of New Year’s resolutions. Find the resolution that fits in best with your plans for the new year and take action today to make your resolution stick for the entire year. Next year when the new year rolls around, you’ll have one less resolution to add to your list and you’ll be making real, measurable progress toward a better life.